God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Well, being a compulsive Type A person who needs to be in the know--I just checked the weather forecast for inauguration day. I'm wondering if it's too late to go to Fry's Electronics, buy a large flatscreen HDTV and just stay home.

Tuesday, Jan 20
High: 33 °F RealFeel®: 18 °F
Cloudy and windy with a little snow

Tuesday Night, Jan 20
Low: 28 °F RealFeel®: 8 °F
Windy with considerable clouds

Thoughts on this?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I sympathize with you. I was born in the south and should live there.
It has already been a long, cold winter here for me and we are going into a deep freeze by the middle of next week.
Put on layers...t-shirt, sweater, coat, keep moving and wear hats, mitts and boots.
Since getting cable tv at the end of Dec. (first time in the last 34 years), I will be able to get a channel that I can watch the Inauguration on from my "toasty" living room.
You are so lucky to be there and will be apart of American History. How exciting.
chiaro

Anonymous said...

Chiaro, Yes, we are lucky but I think I am ready for the memory part. It is going to be cold that I am becoming concerned. But---we can always return to the hotel and watch on TV, if needed. It will be a special time and something that Casey will always be able to share.

Anonymous said...

YIKES, that snow forecast is scaring me. I am truly very wimpy when it comes to winter weather. Believe me - the thought of staying home and watching it on TV has crossed my mind a few times... LOL. But my buddy, Norma, will be very disappointed if I bail on her.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Eden, Norma isn't the only one who would be very disappointed. I most certainly would be. Just remember--it will be nice and warm inside the restaurant. See you there.

Anonymous said...

Today's 10-day forecast both from Accuweather and Weather.com: cold but NO SNOW. Jane, you can't bail on us now!

Jane said...

Vicky, have no worry--we're coming!!