Crispy Fried-Fish Tacos
1/2 cup mayhonaise
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 pound tilipia fillets, cut into 4 by 1 inch strips
2 large eggs, beaten
3 cups panko
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonaise with the hoisin sauce, relish and lemon juice.
- In a large, reusable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic and onion salts and white pepper. Seal bag and shake. Add fish and shake to coat.
- Dip fish in the egg and then in panko. Transfer to wax paper.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil to 350°. Fry fish over moderate heat, turning once, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve fish with warm corn tortillas.
And, as usual, I forgot about taking pictures so just use your imaginations. You can send me a photo when you make them. They are yummy!
From: Food and Wine, 2010