- Italy--of course, what I word symbolizes me more than this one, my second home, my second country. Although there is no Italian blood in my heritage, without question, in past lives I lived through all that was Rome and is Italy. Just a little bit larger than Arizona, Italy has a mystery and ambiance that calls all who have stepped foot in it to return again and again. I love Italy--my friends, the food, the history, the charm, the color, the beauty--its all.
- Ice Cream--well, this is sort of cheating as really it isn't ice cream that I love--it's gelato! Which, of course, is the Italian equivalent of ice cream. It's mandatory when visiting the country to have 3 portions each day and then to join in the search for the best gelateria in the country.
- the Islands--as in Oahu, Maui, Kauai, the Big Island. Every few years we have an unquenchable urge to again experience the trade winds, exquisite beaches and total relaxation of time spent in paradise. Plus, we have very special friends to see there--they don't come here to us so we need to go to them. Ann, are you reading this? Girasoli, who started me on this topic also lives in Hawaii--lucky woman!
- Ireland--have never been there but it's now on the horizon. Maybe this summer--as an excursion from our time in Italy. It's not been a place on our Must See list but, as always, once we have an idea it imprints itself and we become obsessed. So--maybe.......
- Ice (as in shaved)--this clearly goes with point 3 as where else can you find the real thing but on the Islands. Even Obama and his girls can't resist. They're drippy, messy but so refreshing--especially with a little ice cream treat at the bottom.
- Irene--well, I used to know a girl named Irene until we said goodnight.
- Information--I love information until there is overload. Learning is fun. I think I have overflowing filing cabinets in my brain. The problem being that I don't know the filing system.
- Iditarod--I knew about this even before the advent of SP. When we were in Alaska, we stayed in a forsaken area where the owners raised dogs for this great race. What I can't figure out is why people do this.
- Ideas--What is more fun that having an idea and following it someplace? Well, I guess there are some things.
- Illinois--My forebearers come from there. Of course, so does Blagojevich.
God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
The Letter I (as in eye--not L)
A fellow blogger who goes by Girasoli has challenged some of us to adopt a letter and identify words beginning with that letter which appeal to us, are important to us or have special meaning to us. I guess this is sort of like a blogger chain letter--things I studiously avoid in most milieus; however, this one holds some fascination--mainly, I think, it is "can I think of 25 I words worth a line or two. So--here goes: