God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Rose is a Smile

Casey brought a smile and a gift from the garden--an early valentine that was better than anything the 14th could bring. This was a gift for no reason other than he likes to make me smile and likes to say "Gramma, I love you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet, Jane :)

Anonymous said...

Jane, you are truly blessed with such a thoughtful grandson like Casey.
Beautiful rose and I hope the sun is shining for you. J.

Jane said...

The sun is shining today. It is gorgeous here in SD after yesterday's huge storm. And--yes, Casey is a blessing. I think I'll do a blog entry on the intricacies of raising a child at 68.