God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Photo of the Week


Morning Mist from our Window

Today inaugurates a new weekly feature of Casey, Italy and Other Good Stuff, qualifying, I think, as Other Good Stuff.

Like anyone with a digital camera, I take many pictures--most being quite mundane and ordinary, owning entirely too much of my hard drive--but, sometimes there is one that I particularly enjoy--maybe because it reflects something of our life in Tuscany, maybe the photo captures something special, maybe because it is beautiful in my eyes or maybe because it shows something unique and endearing about people and places.

So, each week I will post one picture that captivates me for some reason. I hope that occasionally a picture will strike a chord in someone else. If you find one that speaks to you, feel free to enjoy it on your desktop.

Week of February 25.

Notice the sun spotlighting the two farmhouses as the fog settles in around the hills. I have this as my desktop right now and it is lovely. It was a beautiful moment here. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and very painterly.

Jane said...

Grazie, Judith, and what in the world is painterly>

Anonymous said...

I hope your trip to Bologna was full of great food. The picture is fabulous and I have, also, used it as wallpaper on my desktop........molto grazie. I can't wait to hear what happens with the "recycled" car. pat

Jane said...

Pat, that makes me fill quite good--using the picture on your desktop. I am enjoying it on mine.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane...what a beautiful photo!~

Jane said...

Deb,
Thanks! We had a good time today! (If this is the Deb R I think it is.)