God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

"Other Stuff"

As the blog title says, sometimes I choose to venture away from Casey and Italy and make a foray into "Other Stuff" and this is clearly other stuff--much more innocuous than politics, which occasionally calls me or religion which defines whom I am.

For some odd reason--which I fail to understand--the counter I installed a few months ago indicates that this blog has a fairly steady audience. I suspect the draw is Casey--there is just something about him that calls to people. It was just today that a woman said to me "Casey is so special. He has such a kissable face." Of course, he does get plenty of those.

Recently, a friend told me about a free web service that provides basic information about visitors to the blog. The data it provides is interesting but sketchy. One of the more fascinating bits of info provided was a reader in Afghanistan--amazing. Now I am curious about where you are from--at least in broad form. So--I thought it would be fun to have a little poll. The results should be interesting. Thanks for playing! (If you want to be more specific about your location, just add it as a comment.)


What Is Your Locaton?
Free polls from Pollhost.com

And for those who read the last entry, you will be happy to hear Casey's latest confession to his new Italian tutor--"I'm really excited about moving to Italy--just a little scared." Can any of us feel that with him? I sure can!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

No listing for "Southwest US" in the poll.
Being able to admit a fear is the first step - way to go Casey!