Yes, I know, I should be writing about a month in Italy, but that requires sorting through pictures from 3 cameras, three phones and one iPad...a rather herculean task. So, instead, I will share tonight's dinner. Actually, I am doing this so that I know what I did, where to find it and try to replicate it someday. It really was quite good as attested to by Ken and Casey.
Unfortunately, true to form, I forgot to take pictures. When one is hungry and the aroma of food is overwhelming, who thinks of a camera?
SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE
This is a mishmash of several recipes. It was quite tasty.
1 14oz can coconut milk
4-5 tablespoons red curry paste (entire 4 oz. jar)
Julienned red pepper (however much)
Potato cut into small cubes
Sugar snap peas
Thin sliced onion
1 cup chicken broth (more or less)
2 tbls Asian fish sauce
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 or so tablespoons Thai basil (if you have it)
Shrimp (small shelled, deveined)
However much you prefer: hot chili oil, siracha, red pepper flakes.
So, this is what I did:
1. Heat up small amount of the coconut milk in a skillet
2. Add the red chili paste and heat for a couple- three minutes
3. Put in the veggies, stir to cover with paste and cook for a few minutes...stirring
4. Add rest of coconut milk and cook for a few minutes until veggies are the way you
5. Add shrimp, broth, fish sauce and brown sugar. Cook until shrimp is ready.
6. Stir in cilantro, thai basil and a dash or two of lime juice
Serve with jasmine rice.
As usual, no picture.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.