God sometimes gives us unexpected gifts. Our gift has been a grandson who enlivens our lives and makes retirement very different than the one we anticipated. He is a special joy. And that's "Casey." In 2006 we fulfilled our dream of living in Italy for a year. It was every bit as wonderful as anticipated. This blog begins in 2005 as we prepared for that experience. Since then we have explored many places together. That's the "Travel." And finally, I am a person of opinions--spiritually, politically, on just about anything and that's the "Other Stuff." Welcome to my blog.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Photo Hunt - Lights




A friend of mine at Whistle Stop Cafe is moderating the site Saturday Photo Hunt which I just learned about now--being slow at some things. I think I will try to keep up with this and post a theme picture each week (except for the next two when I will be cavorting in Egypt and Jordan.) It does sound like fun and it will be even more fun to enjoy the pictures others will post.

BTW, this Whistle Stop Cafe is THE Whistle Stop Cafe of fried green tomatoes movie fame. You might want to check it out some--particularly if you like all things southern in your food choices. 

Anyway, this week's theme is Light which immediately brought to mind a picture which I took last summer in Venice. You know how every once in a while the total amateur photographer does something just right? Well, this was it for me.

3 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You did it!
Thanks for joining us at the new Saturday PhotoHunt site.
I hope y'all will continue to join in the fun!
Sandi

MaR said...

Beautiful shot!!
Lights

barb cabot said...

Lovely photo!